Items that need fixing (I know off)
- Torque Tube, release bearing ?? I hear a suspicious whine, will see if it
get worse with miles/time. 1/25/08 I suspect this is the rear diff now, the
previous owner replaced 5th gear which is also the pinion for the diff. I
wonder if maybe something is not set up right?
Featured fixed items
- Flappy - See below.
- Idle - turns out the pipe to the idle stabilizer under the
intake was not connected, managed to pry on with a screwdriver, not sure how
long this will last but delays taking the intake off for now.
- Windshield washer system
- Tightened Wheel bearings
- Replaced inner control arms
- ABS - New Relay (Easy one !!!)
- New Battery
- 7/01 Radiator Rebuilt -new passenger side plastic tank
- 7/01 Replaced accessory belts
- 7/01 Replaced ignition leads with the old ones from my 91, which
although used were far superior, will need new ones in the future.
- 8/01 Coolant level sensor, bought a used one form 928intl, old
one was a mess.
- 8/01 Cleaned the front evaporator, full of greasy lint and
leaves, also gasket on blower motor was missing so got a used one from
928intl which should stop any air leaks.
- 8/01 Bled brakes and clutch slave with Super blue and power
- 8/01 Interior lights - drivers side light wired wrong
- 8/01 Wheel vibration at 80mph - Rear wheels needed balancing.
- 9/01 Reversing lights - Fuse blown
- 10/01 New fuel filter -
Old one had 1987 date code >:-o
- 3/02 Pan gasket, nasty
job !!! Should have done it when I did the engine mounts.
- 5/02 Cruise control
fixed, replaced components in control module
- 9/02 New coolant
This project is dedicated to my late brother Nick
1981-2000, the thought of
this project alone would have made him giddy !!